German Sausage Link & Sauerkraut Recipe
1. 1 1/2pounds red new potatoes (about 18), halved if large
2. 2cups sauerkraut, drained
3. 1small onion, thinly sliced
4. 1/2cup low-sodium chicken broth
5. 1/4cup dry white wine
6. 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
7. kosher salt and black pepper
8. 1 1/2 pounds German links
9. 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
10. Toasted dark bread (such as pumpernickel), butter, and whole-grain mustard, for serving
1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the potatoes, sauerkraut, onion, broth, wine, caraway seeds, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Nestle the German link in the vegetables.
2. Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
3. Sprinkle the German Link, potatoes, and sauerkraut with the parsley and serve with the toast, butter, and mustard.