Jim’s Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup Heinz ketchup (a must for us)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce (Heinz is a good one)
- 2 tablespoonsWorcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2–3⁄4 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 8 large boneless breasts.
1. In a saucepan, saute the garlic in butter until tender.
2. Add the next 8 ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from the heat and set aside.
5. Grill the chicken, covered over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
6. Baste with sauce.