This recipe comes from The Cook and The Butcher Cookbook.
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons of juice
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 single-rib lamb chops – 1 – 1 1/4 inches thick
- 3 cups of frozen petite peas
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 oz of mild feta cheese
- In a shallow nonreactive dish large enough to hold the chops in one layer, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, the garlic, and 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the lamb, turn once and let stand for 15 minutes. Turn and let stand 15 minutes more.
- Roll the peas gently on a towel to dry.
- In a bowl, combine the peas, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and the mint. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and season with pepper. Toss gently.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct-heat grilling over high heat. Blot the chops with paper towels and season both sides generously with salt. Place on the grill rack and after about 2 minutes, check the color of the undersides. Depending upon how hot your grill is this will take 2-5 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Insert an instant-read thermometer into a chop away from the bone until the meat registers 135 degrees F for medium-rare. Transfer to a platter , season with pepper and let rest 5-10 minutes.
- Fold the vinegar and feta into the salad. Serve at once along with the chops.